Thursday, August 13, 2009

A new page and back to school

It feels like I haven't scrapbooked in like FOREVER. I've moved and had to pack up all my scrap stuff just to unpack it. It's been about three weeks and I was totally going through withdraws!!!! So, when I was finally able to sit, this is what I got done. I adore this color combo of blue, brown and cream. Not colors I usually work with but I love the turn out!!
The title "Lil' miss chatty" is Clea alright. When we have parent teacher conferences we are always told that she gets moved around the class because she chit chats so much. I have to say she takes after her daddy...lol!




Here is a close-up of the thickers..I dotted the letters with Liquid pearls. Again I used scalloped scissors to cut around the circle then used a paper piercer for the little holes.





A close-up of the pretty Prima flowers!!!!!




I cut the butterfly from patterned paper and added puff paint. I also made the flourishes and butterfly trails.




On a non-scrappy note...it's BACK TO SCHOOL


Elijah started Kindergarten, first time ever going to school. This boy is ALWAYS by my side...a true mamma's boy. So, you can imagine how this morning went. It was so hard to let him go. As, we were leaving he began to cry. I, of course, wanted to cry with him. But, I had to hold it in. I had to be strong for him. Once we calmed him down and he was okay, gave hug and kisses,we went home. OMG..it felt so weird. Something was missing...MY SONNY!! Thank God he only goes to school for three hours and fifteen. I just couldn't wait to pick him up. We got back to the school and waited about five minutes. In these five minutes I was playing out the whole mommy and son smiling and running up to each other with open arms. It was just like that. It felt so good to have him by my side once again. All in all he really enjoyed his day and is looking forward to going back to school.

Here he is....my handsome Kindergartner!!




Nefferteari is now in 6th grade and Cleapatra is in 5th grade. They were soooo ready to go back to school. All three kids go to the same school right now. Don't they just look so damn cute!!!!



~Angelica~

4 comments:

phamil said...

Your kids are gorgeous!!! And so is this page! especially love those Prima flowers, you know me!!! LOL! Great to see you scrapping!! Hugs!

Stacey said...

awwww he looks so cute!! Can you believe he started kindergarten? Calista started a month ago. Your kids are gorgeous! Love the LO too!

Brenda said...

I have a silly question... on your LO... on the thickers you dotted your letters, how do you know where to add the dots?? Yours looks great. I never know where to put the accent dots.

BTW...gorgeous kids too! Thanks, ~Brenda

Brenda said...

Your work is sooo beautiful!!!Thanks for all the inspiration!
hugs
Brenda