Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reveal Day at Swirlydoos *Shabby Ambition*

Don't you just LOVE Reveal Day at Swirlydoos???!?!?! I know I do!!! But, you know what I love more......getting my kit in the mail!!!!!! Every month is like my birthday...lol!!!!!
The August Kit Shabby Ambition is absolutely gorgeous.

Baby Blues
I did a little "photoshoot" of my Delilah in a tutu. I'm still a total amateur at taking pictures but I'm learning. Also, I've been playing around with Photoshop...so be prepared to see a lot of altered photos. Please visit the Photoshop thread for lots of shared tips from the amazing swirly girls. There is soooooooooo much inspiration there.

I made the butterfly by printing on card stock, adding glaze then diamond dust. These are my most favorite butterflies.

I hot glued the trim around the photo. I painted the flourishes brown and used the brown smooch to do a bit of highlighting.


SHY
I LOVE the grays and blues of this page. And, of course, the photo of Delilah playing shy.

I made the flourishes with the Liquid Pearls that came in the embellie add-on. You can find my tutorial HERE on how to make your own flourishes.


You're a STAR
I wanted to go with a dark color scheme with this page because of the altered photo.

I painted the flourish with the Shimmerz paint that came with the kit.

Tranquil

I'm so excited that my vines are featured in the Embellishment Add-on. I do have some extras in my Etsy Shop if you missed out. I added some Diamond Dust from the embellie add-on to the leaves and flowers.




That Look

More Diamond Dust....lol!!

Cute
This page is based on the monthly sketch by Begguna. The sketch is awesome. Though, I had a tad bit hard time with it because it called for 3 photos and I'm a 1 photo gal. Love the way it turned out.

I lightly colored the flourishes and added Diamond Dust....can you tell I love the stuff?!??!

Thanks so much for taking a peek. Be sure to stop by Swirlydoos to get your Shabby Ambition Kit!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG those are amazingly beautiful!!! Those butterflies are gorgeous!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Angelica! These are simply divine .. love your use of the DD on your vine and the flourishes! Your liquid pearl flourishes are fab! I LOVE reveal day!

Anonymous said...

Wow your pages are just gorgeous! I love your work. Loving that butterfly and all the diamond dust.

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Oh my gosh.... these pages are just so beautiful!!!!! I love all the details you have on your pages. Wow wow wow Ang...... Gorgeous work!

jannie said...

beautiful layout

sheila said...

Gorgeous,I Love your work with this kit!

Anne said...

Woow, these are all amazing! Lovelovelove them!

chrisw said...

Your layouts are stunning!